Meet Sara Miller, Ross’ Fort Wayne Associate Director!
What do you do at Ross and how long have you been here?
I am the Associate Director for the Fort Wayne campus. I have been with Ross for a little over a year.
Three lessons you’ve learned –
1. Always tell your loved ones how much you love them. Life can literally change in a matter of minutes. I am sharing this from the greatest loss of losing a child.
2. Learn the art of active listening, personally and professionally; fine details can easily be missed.
3. Self care is vitally important.
Three tips on how to succeed in your field –
1. Communicate with effectiveness, not impulsiveness.
2. Continue to learn and grow. Challenge yourself!
3. Learn to adapt to everyday changes.
A few things you wish you knew before going into the medical field –
I wish I knew how to better utilize my education, certifications and experience and make long term goals instead of just small short term goals.
Fun fact about you –
My height does not match my personality! (I’m “approximately” 4’11)
Memorable moment –
I have so many memorable moments, there are too many to type. But, one of the best parts of my job is seeing students after they have graduated with the biggest smile of accomplishment on their face!
Advice for students –
My advice for students is; healthcare is ever changing, ever knowing, and there will always be jobs. It is a fantastic field that serves others and gives purpose.