Medical Office Administration Certificate Program
The Medical Office Administration certificate program provides students with an overview of health care operations, health care office applications, medical office and patient management, medical insurance and reimbursement, diagnostic and procedural coding, and medical law and ethics.
During the Medical Office Administration students will be instructed on:
- Basic human anatomy and physiology and disease processes and the associated pharmacotherapy along with medical terminology.
- Administrative office skills that includes medical charting and filing, basic word processing and computer information and other routine medical office procedures.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills that consist of oral and written communication, including telephone communication.
- Financial record keeping skills that include accounts receivable and payable as well as preparing a payroll.
- How to properly complete medical insurance claim forms including the required coding.