Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Associate of Applied Science degree program engages students in learning activities with the desired results being the development of such practical skills and underpinning knowledge for successful entry‐level performance in the profession as:
- Describe basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, associated pharmacotherapy and medical terminology.
- Demonstrate administrative office skills that include fashioning and management of electronic medical records; current medical office software; client data management; insurance billing, filing, and reimbursement procedures; and other routine medical office procedures.
- Use interpersonal and customer service skills that are consist with superior verbal and written communication and professional and effective interaction with health care team members and clientele.
- Apply financial record keeping skills, including accounts receivable and payable and payroll preparation.
- Complete medical insurance claim forms, with a focus on coding accuracy, maximum reimbursement, and legal and ethical practices.
- Demonstrate an ability and desire for advancement in the profession through a dedication to life‐long learning.
- Show an appreciation for studies of the arts, sciences, and humanities for development of a more learned professional as manifest in communication and behavior.
- Utilize critical thinking in the performance of all duties and responsibilities of one’s role.